Friday, April 22, 2011

funny story friday #9

Although I lived the dorm life my freshman year of college, my sophomore year I lived in a very old, 4 story, drafty home with 7 people. (6 girls and 1 guy who lived in "the basement") The home was oozing with character. Our landlord was named "Joey". I don't know that I ever knew his last name. He "managed" a number of properties for the owner who lived in Hawaii. Joey drove an old school, although not restored, Camaro that may have even had carpet on the ceiling. He suggested we meet at McDonalds to sign the lease agreement and we did. At McDonalds, he offered to buy us breakfast and we thought that was classy. I never shared these details with my parents as I didn't want them to worry about me. It all turned out fine, but looking back I can't believe I signed my first lease at Mcd's. The lessons I learned living with 7 people could fill volumes of funny story Fridays. It was an adventure for sure.

1 comment: